During my junior year in college, I joined the Model United Nations (MUN) team. I have always been infatuated with international affairs and different cultures, I knew this was a good fit for me.
- I have learned parliamentary procedure
- I have had the opportunities to be Head Chair and Co-Chair of a committee as well as a delegate
- I have become more globally aware
- I have an understanding of the processes of international diplomacy
- I understand how to keep decorum of my delegation
- I understand the challenges of preparing my delegation for a memorable and positive learning experience
Overall, my MUN experience has been transformative. As intimidating as it can be getting up in front of a committee to speak or trying to persuade people to co-signing my resolution, it has been the experience of a lifetime.